Welcome To The Home Of Caribbean Music
Live at 5pm EST today! https://t.co/0fShxIQclM
#AvailableNOW Shenseea Ft. Vybz Kartel - Loodi https://t.co/hougLMjYAZ @VPRecords @shenseea20 #LISTEN https://t.co/tTZPkebZOF
Now On Air
Caribbean News And Entertainment
- Mel Cooke | 'Ugly girl', 'oldest gal' and women's acceptance of cheating March 24, 2018In Ugly Girl, Singer Ikaya asks a very serious question, and she does so in a beautiful voice too. After establishing the scene for encountering her man in sexual action with another woman, she describes seeing a situation where "he was on his back...Mel Cooke/Gleaner Writer
- Ear-th Hour wants after- 'Champs' presence March 24, 2018Tonight, as it has for the past four years, the Earth Hour concert at the Ranny Williams Centre on Hope Road, St Andrew, coincides with the final day of Boys and Girls' Championships. On any night when there are events at the two venues, the lights...Mel Cooke/Gleaner Writer
- Romain Virgo contributes to Jamaica's Penn Relays efforts March 24, 2018Based on an arrangement with VP Records and Team Jamaica Bickle (TJB), the not-for-profit organisation that assists athletes who travel to Pennsylvania for the Penn Relays, every download of Romain Virgo's Still will see part proceeds going to...
- Raine Seville holds her own in male-dominated industry March 24, 2018Local dancehall songbird Raine Seville speaks frankly about dancehall and the positioning of females in the male-dominated industry.When tallying up her singles, the artiste easily names more than ten collaborations with some of dancehall's leading...Stephanie Lyew/Gleaner Writer
- For the Reckord | IOJ celebrates four extraordinary J'can women March 23, 2018On the pleasant afternoons of the past two Sundays, the Institute of Jamaica (IOJ), through its Jamaica Music Museum (JaMM) division, celebrated the life and work of four extraordinary Jamaican women.Singer Mercedes Kirkwood, artist Edna Manley,...Michael Reckord/Gleaner Writer
- It’s Natalie’s right, says Canon Burke March 24, 2018Former sex worker Natalie Harewood has all right to run for elected politics, chairman of the Barbados Christian Council (BXC), Canon Noel Burke, has said. “Natalie is a Barbadian and she has every...
- Student rewarded for temperament March 24, 2018For her ability to resist provocation, 15-year-old student Ayra Newton was showered with a number of gifts yesterday. Newton was the teen seen in a viral posting this week being taunted by another...
- Light and Power: Breaker failure caused blackout March 24, 2018The Barbados Light & Power (BL&P) has finally pinpointed breaker failure as the cause of January’s islandwide blackout that affected the swearing in of the island’s Governor General Dame Sandra Mason....
- Legal twist to Cruise Terminals, Port row March 24, 2018A dispute between management of Barbados Cruise Terminals and the Bridgetown Port could end up in the law courts for a resolution. This comes after management and staff of Barbados Cruise Terminals...
- Warders urged to be diligent March 24, 2018Newly-promoted prison officers have been warned that excessive sick leave and absenteeism, among other shortcomings, can cost them their jobs with the Prison Service. The officers were also warned...
- ABLP returns to power in Antigua March 23, 2018Antigua: The incumbent Antigua and Barbuda Labor Party (ABLP) of Prime Minister Gaston Browne returned to power resoundingly in Wednesday’s general elections. Read more.
- Celebration of People of African Descent in the Americas March 23, 2018People: The Organization of American States (OAS) on Tuesday began the celebration of a week commemorating the contributions of persons of African descent to the social, economic, political and cultural development of the Americas, including the Caribbean. Read more.
- Boosting resilience in the Caribbean March 23, 2018Environment: The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) says despite a massive humanitarian effort over the past six months in the Eastern Caribbean, Cuba and Haiti, there is still much work to be done to rehabilitate water and sanitation and other infrastructure damaged by powerful hurricanes Irma and Maria. Read more.
- Barbados loses a round in NCD fight March 23, 2018Trinidad and Tobago: Barbados Government’s haste to grab tax revenue, a determination of distributors to sell their product regardless of health consequences, and fluctuation in the Trinidad currency have combined to dull the intended effect of a sin tax on sugary drinks. Read more.
- Lt. gov., challenger seek votes at women’s gala March 23, 2018Brooklyn: Rarely do politicians miss the opportunity to convey their messages to a large audience, especially when seeking votes for election or re-election. Read more.